Founder and Principal
Sara L. Allen
With over 15 years of experience in marketing, communications, organizational development and strategic planning, Sara helps clients overcome challenges and realize goals.
Highlights of her work include:
- faciliating workshops for participants to identify management strengths, successes and areas for growth;
- leading organizational efforts to define operational policies, improve workflow and streamline technology systems;
- facilitating business and community partnerships to enhance the health and well-being of communities;
- designing websites for social sector and business clients to express the best of who they are and what they do; and
- facilitating interactive strategic planning and visioning sessions with nonprofit boards to guide organizations toward achieving their mission.
Sara’s care for the community extends beyond the professional realm. She is a mentor to a young girl in Alexandria, Va. She provided planning support for a counseling program at a free medical clinic that serves a multicultural, low-income population. And, she served on the vestry and pastoral care team at her church, Christ the King Anglican in Alexandria, Va.
Sara has been a resident of the Washington, D.C. metro region since 2002. Originally from California and raised in Asheville, NC, she holds a master’s degree in public communication from American University and a bachelor’s degree in religion and women’s studies from Duke University.